Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Parts and Service delays

Options
JForsyth
JForsyth Member Posts: 1
Has anyone experienced a problem with getting parts, our Hurricane 187 was delivered in early May, the Captains Bolster seat which was supposed to be on the boat, wasn't and still has not been delivered to us. Also the Bow Mooring cover did not fit properly and the dealer still has not received a new one for us.
Is it advisable to run with the Bimini top up?

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jforsyth.  It's hard to comment on the delivery of parts.  The turnaround will depend on whether or not they're in stock of if Hurricane needs to get them from their suppliers.  This compounded with your dealer processing the order adds another factor of unpredictability.  Hope you get your stuff soon.

My experience when I've ordered replacement parts has been 2-3 weeks to Canada but these were ordered immediately and were in stock.

As for running with the bimini top up.  Yes, you can but I wouldn't be going beyond 50MPH with it up and perhaps a lower speed is suggested.  I've run mine around 40 with it open and have had no problems in 4 years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer