Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

GS 248

cslaydon
cslaydon Member Posts: 2

Hello all, new to the forum here and looks like alot of good information. I am hoping for some general help as I just bought a 2002 Hurricane GS 248, I love the boat but I don't know anything about it. I have searched the web and can find very little information specific to this boat. If anyone has any information it would be great. I know it is a 2002 and has a OB Yamaha 150, not sure on the fuel tank size, fresh water operations (tank size, pump location), I have a switch for a livewell but no working livewell. As I said great running and very comfortable boat just no particular info.

Thanks

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

@cslaydon.... first off welcome to the Owners Forum and for buying an excellent boat.

I don't specificallyknow the individual boat you've mentioned or all the specifications you're looking for however I did want to comment.  I had a 2002 GS (much smaller 170) but the livewell switch you've mentioned is a standard comment I've seen.  The panel of switches are the same on the boats, but if it didn't have the optional livewell installed from the factory, its non-operational. 

Pieces of information I could find is that the fuel capacity should be 66 gallons, dry weight around 3100lbs,   Hopefully this will help out and if other GS 248 owners are on here they can possible confirm or expand this information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    I used to own a 1999 Fundeck 248 GS with 5.7 Merc.  Subsequently sold and bought a used 2000 SD 217 OB.  I happen to have a 2000 brochure which shows some 248 GS OB specs:
    Length 24'
    Beam  102"
    Max HP 300
    Boat Wet weight 4207 lb
    Passengers 14
    Pass. Capacity lbs  1,940
    Draft 14"
    Fuel Capacity 66 gal
    Fresh Water capacity 17 gal

While I love Hurricane boats, the owners manual is borderline worthless, very generic with no info about systems, etc.

Hope this helps.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • cslaydon
    cslaydon Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the info it is a great help