Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Skiing behind a Hurricane

Options
aschroyer41
aschroyer41 Member Posts: 3

Hello,

I am very interested in the Hurricane Sundeck Sport188 I/O but I love skiing.  The one I am looking at has a Mercruiser 4.3 MPI I/O.  I usually will have a decent boat full of people but I am wondering how easy it will be for an adult to get up out of the water while skiing.  Will the 4.3 give me enough power or will it be a struggle?

Thanks!!

Comments

• skibum
    skibum Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Options
    Slalom or 2 sticks? If slalom, how aggressive of a ski? How many people on board? How much do you weigh? Prop on boat?
  • aschroyer41
    Options
    Slalom mostly. But nothing too serious. Decent skill level but nothing like in tournament skiing.  Figure about 8 people on board to be safe and I am 6'5 210 lbs.  I just want to make sure that it's going to have enough power to pull me and other adult friends up easy enough.  The last thing I want to do is to buy a boat and then find out it isn't containing enough power to get me out of the water.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@aschroyer41.  I have a SS188 and have had my boat with 5-6 people in it and pulled a slalom skier up (I have a 200HP outboard)  I run a 19P SS 5 l blade prop to maximize hole shot so I suspect the 4.3 MPI (220HP) should be able to do this but you most likely will need to prop it to get you up quick.  However 8 large passengers plus pulling you might be at the upper end of what you can do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • aschroyer41
    Options
    @nquirk Thank you very much!!