Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Warning - 2013 ss188 sink and coins

ss188rider
ss188rider Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

Warning.  Don't store coins in the sink!  The quarter is the same size as the sink drain hole.   The quarter plugged up the drain and rain water collected in the sink. For a while, I was frustrated because I could not get the quarter out.   I tried different ways to get it out.  I finally had an idea to use a drill.   I used a drill to drill a hole into the quarter and the quarter popped out. I can now again use the sink to store my wallet, car keys, and etc.  Storing coins someplace else on the boat.

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    @ss188rider.  Glad you got it out and thanks for the information.  I store my stuff in mine all the time including change! :D
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @ss188rider ... one of those things you never know until it happens. Thanks for the warning!
  • cooleyo
    cooleyo Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    I had a similar issue in my port storage compartment. An acorn from the oak in my front yard got lodged in the drain. I regularly use a shop vac to clear drains/lines/fittings. A couple of minutes alternating the suck and blow function cleared the drain. I also added a few feet of spa hose to the shop vac in order to remove collected rain water from the batter compartment and bilge.