Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2003 GS211

betsy1561
betsy1561 Member Posts: 3
My husband and I are looking at a 2003 GS211.  Anything we should be aware of?  It looks like a great versatile boat for both fishing and cruising with lots of room for friends.  The asking price is $13,000 which seems a bit high - any thoughts?

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

@betsy1561.  Good to hear you're looking at the Hurricane.  Very versatile boat and I've previously owned the smaller GS172 from 2002.  Great boats.

As for price, that's really difficult to assess.  Its driven by usage, area, and its condition

Try looking for similar boats in the area for comparison and also check here for estimates of ranges in price.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • cooleyo
    cooleyo Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    I have an 04 model 211, and any complaints I have are things that I knowingly accepted when deciding on a fish/ski as opposed to a dedicated fishing rig. The overall weight of the boat is your main obstacle to deal with; towing, planing times, running draft. Your price is fair, as I paid 21000. Most likely due to the F225 hanging aft. Good boat. Good luck.
  • betsy1561
    betsy1561 Member Posts: 3
    We bought the 2003 GS211!  Does anyone know what GS means? 
  • cooleyo
    cooleyo Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Congratulations on the new boat! I have no idea what the gs stands for though.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

@betsy1561, as a former GS owner I never though about what the GS stands for.  The SS is Sundeck Sport, the FD is the FunDeck but I have no idea what the GS stands for.

Perhaps @Capt_Steve will know or can find out. 

However I'm guessing that since BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand that perhaps GS stands for a Grand Spent?

:))
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Hah! The GS stands for "Glass Side" to distinguish this FunDeck from other models which have "Rail Sides" like a pontoon boat.