Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

ANCHOR STORAGE AREA DRAINAGE

BWH
BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

2006 FD GS 194

Seems that there is always water in my anchor storage area leaving my rope wet.  I can see the drain hole, but not sure where it goes to.  Any ideas about how this is configured or how to keep water from standing in the storage area?  

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not familiar with that boat.  Is the anchor storage at the front deck?  If so, I'd assume it drains directly into the hull/bilge area and is removed with your bilge pump.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • BWH
    Yes it is in the front of the boat.  Bilge makes since, but there seems to always be water in teh storage area and no way that I know of to ensure it is not clogged.    
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @BWH ... you must have a clog in the drain line. That should drain directly to bilge as @nquirk points out. Sometimes you can flush out a clog with a hose or an air compressor. 
  • BWH
    Thanks Steve.  Have tried to do it with hose, but it is further away than I can reach.  Will keep trying.