Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Trailer Bow Stop Rubber Roller

Jhighers
Jhighers Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
Does anyone know if the Bow Stop Rubber Roller on the trailer should roll easily when launching or recovering the boat. Mine does not roll and is tearing up my vinyl tape stripping across the bow. Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Jhighers
    Jhighers Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Here is a picture.
  • redngreedy
    redngreedy Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I said something to my dealer about this.  They ended up taking the vinyl off because they said it would keep happening.  I really don't notice it.  Not sure if that was the correct fix or not.
  • MaxSwell
    MaxSwell Member Posts: 1
    On my second Hurricane and both had this issue regardless of the roller condition.
  • rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    On my 2001 Trailmagic trailer my bow roller rolls almost too easily. Unfortunately mine is a black rubber and scuffs up the bow pretty well. In act I was putting the boat on the trailer Monday for service and I drove it on and up onto the roller only to have it roll back off again!
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Not to pass the buck, but this is really a question for the trailer manufacturer. Hurricane will spec a number of different trailers, but it's up to the dealer to provide one upon delivery. However, I am sending this feedback to the engineers. Maybe they can find trailers that don't have these issues. Might have some luck here.. http://www.magictilt.com/
  • jrmybon
    jrmybon Member Posts: 5
    we ordered our 2013 2000 SunDeck and waited 12 weeks for it to come in after the dealer told us 5-8 weeks.  We have had it in the water three times, and the tape is scratched from retrieving, and the gas cap has came off....very disappointed to say the least at this time