Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Table twists loose from base

JERRYC446
JERRYC446 Member Posts: 7
If someone moves/twists the table on my sd217 it unscrews the base pedestal from the deck.  I have cranked down the black ring that looks like it was made to secure the pedestal to the deck plate but it easily twists from someone simply moving the table top. I bought this about 6 weeks ago from an individual so I can't really hound the local dealer with my questions. What am I missing? 

Comments

• Broadway
    Broadway Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Though it has been 10 months since you posted this, did you ever get feedback.  I find my table does the same thing.

Thanks,

Chris

2013 FD 226

Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

Venture Trailer

2nd RGR BN.

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @Broadway ... we just relaunched this forum in March, and some responses from the previous site vanished in the transition. Someone should weigh in this...@nquirk would be a great source.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    @Broadway, is your mount installed on the hatch into the ski locker. The only reason I could see this happening is perhaps there is some sag in the door hatch itself. To be honest, I don't use the table on mine, but when I'm at the lake this weekend, I'm going to pull mine out and have a better look at it and see what may be the possible issue with it. I like a good challenge :D
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Broadway
    Broadway Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Its not on the ski locker hatch.  It sits inbetween the captain chair and the "L" shape couch.  It only pops out when I rotate the top of the table (maybe to adjust it to the other side or to move around it).  I found I like it stowed mostly and only bring it out when needed.

Thanks,

Chris

2013 FD 226

Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

Venture Trailer

2nd RGR BN.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I have two of these tables (Sequoia is the brand name, it's manufactured by ITC Marine) and they work pretty well after you tighten the locking collar.  As long as I lock the collar down properly, it is usually very secure even when we rotate the table top .  Double check, does the post feel well seated BEFORE you twist the locking collar?  If it doesn't or it feels a bit loose, the metal tabs that insert into the base my be out of alignment (bent).  This type of condition could be a cause of the problem you/re having.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

@Broadway.  Mine is on the locker hatch and I checked it and as @cjjjdeck indicated mine locks in fine and is tight as expected.

I'd check the tabs alignment as he's suggested.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer