Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

jack plate installed fd226

skibum
skibum Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
Finally got the nerve to have one installed. Vance 6 inch manual jack plate. Can't wait to get her back in the water and get it dialed in. This rig will hit 65 gps when I am done tweaking. She ran 54 before I started messing with motor height.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    VERY Cool!  Can't wait to hear the update from the water test!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• skibum
    skibum Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Well I got her wet but the wife was with me, you all know what that means. Boat drives much easier than before. I only was able to get to 38 on speedo before the wife started yelling slow down. I can tell a significant difference on how the boat lifts with the jack plate installed. I plan on running it one day this week if work allows to get a baseline on setup. Just a feeling at slow speeds but I think it will hit 58 gps as it sits before raising the engine. Prop change is expected before U get everything exactly right. I have a buddy that is a drag boat driver/set up man to get it exactly right. He dialed in my dads bass boat and it will out run 99% of boats on lakes around my area.