Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

SS 188 SMART TABS

JOSHDOLPHINS1
JOSHDOLPHINS1 Member Posts: 15

Just put on new smart tabs and it's like I'm driving a different boat. If you have a 187 or 188 you have to get them. Overton $115 - 15% and free shipping.

Comments

• jlwhwt82
    jlwhwt82 Member Posts: 2

how hard were they to install.  I was thinking about getting some also but was concerned that they would be difficult to install.

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

They are easy to install yourself.  The hardest part is figuring out exactly where to put them and then making yourself drill the first hole in the transom..........something about drilling a hole in a new boat?  I probably rechecked my measurements 5 times before I could do it.  After that it was a piece of cake.  

2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • JOSHDOLPHINS1

they are very easy to install if you go to the website they have a video that walks you through it I think I was finished in about 30 minutes with everything.

• JOSHDOLPHINS1

there is nothing hard about the installation

• tic1607
    tic1607 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

I read a post on these a couple months back and decided to make the purchase. Install was very easy and they have made a huge difference!

• waterboy
    waterboy Member Posts: 16 ✭✭

When you say it is like driving a new boat, can you explain a bit about what they do to make it that much better.  I would say the 188 ob because of the hull design is not a great handling boat. It does what i expected it to but by adding the smart tabs what would i look forward to. I do know what they are meant to do but wondered how it would effect the hurricane 188. I don't porpoise and am on a generally calm lake. 

ss 188 ob

175 E-tec

• JOSHDOLPHINS1
    The major difference for you on a calm lake would be when crossing another boats wake. Makes the riding 100% smoother. Also if your pulling someone you will get on plane so much faster.