Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bilge Pump

Options
JeffP
JeffP Member Posts: 7

Generally when I run the bilge there has been water in the boat, recently I hear the bilge working but water isn't coming out.  I have removed the covers on the deck and by the engine and there isn't any standing water.  Recently after a heavy rain storm the bilge didn't pump out any water either and again under the covers was dry.  Is there somewhere else I should check for standing water in the boat?  The lower compartment and battery compartment are dry as well.

I am new to boating so any help you can give me is appreciated.  Thanks

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No water in the bilge is usually a very good thing.  Water should accumulate in the area of your bilge pump, so it sounds like you're OK as long as the pump is working properly. 

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• rob918
    rob918 Member Posts: 6
    Options

jeffp, i have a sd2000 and the area around the bilge pump is always dry. the boat is bow heavy so the water runs forward on mine. the bilge pump should have been mounted forward of the console area as far as possible. trying to get hurricane to correct this for me is like pulling teeth. no one wants to talk about it. 

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

rob918, if water is not accumulating where the bilge pump is located, what has your dealer said about this happening? 

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer