Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2002 gs 201 back cushion replacements

Options
jwf
jwf Member Posts: 1
My son recently took out our 2002 gs 201 and lost the back and left corner (driver side) cushions (not the seat cushion but the cushion that people lean against). I contacted the local dealer to see if they could replace them but was informed that hurricane nor the firm that made these cushions for hurricane makes them anymore. My local upholstery shop said they would need the back for the corner cushion since it was a molded piece of plastic due to the curved and angular shape of the cushion. Anyone know where I can get a replacement cushion or the molded back for my 2002 gs 201 driver side corner cushion?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a frustrating situation to be in.  Although you already talked with one marine upholstery shop, you need to find one that also does custom fabrication.  What area of the country do you live in?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• rebmommj
    rebmommj Member Posts: 9
    Options
    We r in same situation w/our 2004 188 fun deck.  Lost back curved cushion on drivers side while bringing it home for 1st time. Dealer just had it upholstered a few weeks ago.  Know someone that does boat covers but fabrication & replacement cushions I am betting is costly?!  New to this forum.  Thx for having me.  The Jennings near Gulf Shores AL. 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've not had to have this done, but I imagine it probably will not be an inexpensive process.  You just have to either contact marinas in your area to see who they recommend to go to or just grab the phone book/internet and start searching and making phone calls.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer