Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

My Ski Tow Bar rattles. Welcome solution

Cruiser
Cruiser Member Posts: 1
I have a new 188 & I love it.  The only real problem is the ski tow bar "constantly rattles"..  Has anyone else had this problem?  I don't want to take it in for warranty repair unless I have to..  Please provide suggestions.  Thanks,

Answers

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    @Cruiser.  Mine will move and 'rattle' if I shake it but while I'm underway it doesn't rattle.  If it does, that leads me to believe the hole in the top plate is the wrong size or the ski pole isn't fastened properly to the floor.  So if while you're moving it rattles, it would be worth having the dealer inspect.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Cruiser
    Cruiser Member Posts: 1
    Thank you.  I am going to the dealer tomorrow.  I'll keep you posted..

• JohnL
    JohnL Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2014
    I had the same problem, after the first time I towed a skier.  It would rattle at low RPM's.  I put a rubber ring around the base of the pole, under the mounting bracket.  It acts like a gasket isolating an vibration, and seemed to do the job.  Might be something to consider if the dealer isn't much help.