Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Changed props today

skibum
skibum Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
i changed props on my fd226/yamaha vf200 sho today. Put on a mercury enertia 14.2 x 18 3 blade and raised my jackplate 1" from bottom. Motor is mounted on the #2 holes. Air temp 76, water temp 65, engine rpm 5900, gps speed 50.6with 30 gallons of fuel Old prop was a solas 14.25 x 17 4 blade. Under same conditions engine turned 5500 rpm and 45.3 gps. With 15 gallons of fuel Big improvement. I was trying for 55 mph but I just don't think it is possible, but I may be wrong

Comments

• 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Sounds like you got it set up pretty good, best I've been able to see with my 203 and 200 opti is 52.7 gps, I was trying for 55 too, I've tried lots of props, I decided against a jackplate because I just don't think it's worth it for this type of boat, over 50 with that power is very respectable for the size of these boats, beats the heck out of a pontoon too, lol.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with 89checkmate, you've got it dialed in, especially at the RPMs you've attained.  The Category 5 hull by pretty much by design yields 45-50 mph at the max HP & RPM's, any more than that should probably be considered to be a bonus.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• skibum
    I may try a 19 pitch enertia just to see how it does. May lose 200 rpm but probably can get it back wiTh jackplate adjustments. If I make anymore changes I will post. All in all the performance so far is not shabby for a 3400 pound rig.
  • 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to try a 18 or 19 Enertia, I've got a 20 Enertia now that I got the 52.7 with, it was 7 months ago so can't remember what RPM was but I think around 5600, still waiting for the ice to melt around here.
  • skibum
    89checkmate the jackplate has been the biggest reason for improvement. Running the 4 blade 17 I could only turn 5300 rpm wot with plate and motor at current height it added 200 rpm. The enertia prop is just amazinng to me. I thought I would see a little gain in rpm but now motor is running at peak horsepower band. I just wish I had splurged on a power hydraulic jackplate, just for fun