Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

What is the best way to clean my non skid deck. I have a 2015 center console SS211

yancydee
yancydee Member Posts: 1
Having a hard time getting it clean. Have tried all products, but won't come clean. Wonder if there is something wrong with the finish?

Answers

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    I've had good luck with StarBrite non-skid deck cleaner.  This year the deck was really nasty, so I had to let it sit on the deck for a while after I worked it in with a brush, then I used a rotary brush in my buffer to get the really tough stains.  It took 2 goings over to get it clean, but looks good now.  

You can use bleach as a last resort, which will basically lighten the stains, but doesn't really clean.  But bleach does make it look better for a while.  Just keep bleach off any metal, and any other surfaces.    
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 on StarBrite.  When I stopped by a West Marine I bought their Pure Oceans non-skid deck cleaner and it worked OK, but I think the StarBrite product worked better.  I have soft and medium pole mount brushes and have used both on the surface with great results.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• TimKLL
    TimKLL Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    I was having a little trouble getting a brand new non-skid floor clean with a 2015 Sundeck 2200 DC OB, even with some Clorox GreenWorks cleaner that works well elsewhere.  My wife picked up a package of Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pads and they worked wonders.  They also completely removed a nasty little scuff on the bow from a dock rub rail the first time out.
    2015 Hurricane Sundeck 2200 DC OB, Yamaha F200
  • RuddsRetreat
    RuddsRetreat Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Nice Boat!  I have a 2003 211 and love it.  The center console makes it feel like a true fishing / pleasure boat.  What I use to keep deck spotless is StarBrite non-skid deck cleaner but I mix 1/3 simple green and 1/3 bleach to 1/3 Starbrite.   Then I use woody wax right after rinsing.  Deck stays immaculate with a simple rinsing for up to 2 months.   We love how the blood, stains from fishing wash off easily when we use woody wax after the Starbrite cleaning.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Just read up on that Woody Wax for non-skid surfaces (never heard of it before, waxing and non-skid didn't quite sound like they went together! :o ).  Very interesting product, thanks for sharing your experience with it!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• RuddsRetreat
    RuddsRetreat Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Directly after rinsing the Starbrite cleaner,  you spray on deck brush and squirt sparingly on deck.  I scrub everything inside with it.  Let it dry about an hour and take a towel and buff everything lightly.  One can will last me around 4 applications, so don't over spray. This stuff works GREAT,  I don't ever put my carpeting in because my deck is easy to clean.