Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Gaining Access to Electronics

jwest
jwest Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
Can someone tell me the best way to gain access to the electronics, behind the dash?  It appears it would be by removing the seat back in front of the dash, by I'm afraid I'll damage it by tugging on it.  Thanks!
Jwest
2004 GS 202
150 HP Yamaha 4 Stroke

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The brackets on seat backs are designed so you can lift them off by sliding them up after taking out the screws on the bottom edge of the cushion.  The other way of accessing the electronics is by removing the panel from the front and carefully removing it by trying not to pull any of the wires off without seeing where they belong first.  You may need to remove a few wires in order to gain full access to the back of the panel.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• jwest
    jwest Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Thanks, cjjjdeck!  I was able to remove the seat back in front of the helm by pulling up firmly on the cushion, but unfortunately, there is no opening behind it for access to electronics wiring.  Guess I will have to gain access by way of the large plastic panel below the steering wheel.  Sure would have been nice to have had an opening on the backside of the console.
    Jwest
    2004 GS 202
    150 HP Yamaha 4 Stroke