Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Mounting trolling motor on fundeck 196R

What hardware would you use to install a Trolling motor quick disconnect mounting to a fundeck?
Thanks Jim

Comments

• kylepaul
    kylepaul Member Posts: 9
    I installed mine on my SD 217 using the hardware that came with the quick disconnect mount on my Minn Kota.  I secured it with 6 stainless steel bolts and placed some large washers underneath gaining access from the anchor locker.  I will see if I can post a pic of how it turned out although I tried doing this on this forum the last time to no avail. My best advice is measure 15 times and drill once!

Cheers,

KP
  • kylepaul
    kylepaul Member Posts: 9
    If you look at my profile there is one pic that shows the motor on the front of the boat.

KP
  • jimdavii
    jimdavii Member Posts: 3
    How do I get under the deck? Do I have to take out something. Please reply to daviidavis@hotmail.com

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    After looking at the bow platform on your model, Wow, no access......good question!  I accessed mine because I had an anchor locker at the bow.

I noticed on the "fishing" model there is a screw-off access cover (maybe 6" size?) installed in the platform.  Maybe they do that at the factory assuming a bow-mount troller will be more than likely installed.  If cutting a big hole in the platform doesn't work for you, I found a stainless steel molly type fastener that's used for mounting seat pedestals in a fiberglass deck that might be a good choice.  I assume if they can hold pedestal seats, they should be able to anchor the quick-mount base. They're made by Garelick and available at most marine stores on-line, here's the link:

Home depot sells a similar product but not in stainless steel if you'd like to see it's design at your local HD store before purchasing.  Here's the HD link:

Just a suggestion.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Jim,

My dealer took out the forward lockers and cut holes to access the nuts holding the bow cleats, then fitted 6" round plugs in the holes. Neat job covered by the lockers.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad they could access through the lockers.  No problem having the 6" plugs located there!  Really good solution, thanks for the update!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer