Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Helm layout and wiring diagram

Hi All:
  I just sold my 2008 231 Center Console, and am waiting on delivery of a 2021 2486.  It was preconfigured with a Garmin 63CV, and I'm thinking I'll want to upgrade that.  I've read it can accept up to a 9" replacement, but wonder if that's really the limit.  Especially if I replace the stock gauges with a Yamaha 6YC information station.
  It's been very hard finding images of the various 2486 helm options.  Is there anywhere to find dimensions and images of the helm panels?  Are blank helm panels available?  An electrical diagram for the 2486 would also be helpful.
  Finally, does anyone have an idea if the washdown stations on the 2486 are adequate, or should I consider installing a Jabsco 82906 pump with separate hose and nozzle?
  Very excited to take delivery and get out on the water!!!
Thanks, Steve.

Best Answer

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Congratulations on a second beautiful Hurricane!

Regarding the electrical diagrams, I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.

I checked with Hurricane and they said they designed the instrument panel to accept up to a SImrad Go7 XSE.  Just a word of caution, because something can physically "fit', doesn't mean it may not eventually stress the panel to introduce cracks into it over time.  Below are the Go7 XSE dimensions:

Also, you may have your dealer put in a special request for an uncut instrument panel.  Bear in mind this is probably a "custom/one off" request to Hurricane's vendor and may be a bit pricey, if they will do it at all.  You might also consider contacting a panel fabricator, like AD&D Plastics (just type AD&D Plastics in the search bar of this forum and you will get the contact info) and get a quote from them if you decide to engage with the upgrade.

I don't have your model, so I can't really comment on your washdown, but I will share my experience.  My boat uses the one Jabsco ParMAx 2.9 pump for all freshwater outlets, including the washdown.  At first I was not happy with the force or distance of the water output using the spray head.  Before changing/adding pumps, I decided to change the spray head to a jet nozzle with a shut off.  That provided the water force and distance I was looking for with the washdown.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

Answers

• OneMoreThing
    OneMoreThing Member Posts: 11
    Hey, I love the new nozzle, what is the name of it or an amazon link?
  • cjjjdeck
    It's made by Melnor and it's called their Sweeper Nozzle
    Here's a link to their website, it is definitely available on Amazon:
    https://melnor.com/product/sweeper-nozzle

• OneMoreThing
    OneMoreThing Member Posts: 11
    thank you.  I will have to check next time I'm at my boat (another state) but this says for a garden hose and I am fairly certain I hose is much smaller than that.  Did you have to swap out the house or get an adapter to make it work?
  • cjjjdeck
    Actually, that's a good question, I did it in 2012 and I can't remember if I adapted the hose connection or not!  Unfortunately, my boat is still in storage so I can't double check right now.  I will try to remember to check.  What I remember the most is how happy I was with the modification.