Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Rear navigation light

The Bimini top gets in the way and will hit my boat lift from time to time.  So, I've taken it off.  But now I don't have a rear navigation light for my 2012 Sundeck sport.  Any suggestions on what would work well for as an alternative?  

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

Your option would be to wire one of these outlets at the stern and connect it to you NAV light circuit.  Then the pole is removable when not in use.

http://www.iboats.com/60IN-POLE-LIGHT-Aqua-Signal/dm/cart_id.406299549--session_id.079767667--view_id.931644

Or if you rarely boat at dusk/dark, consider one of these.  Perhaps attaching it to your ski pole if you have one installed?

http://www.iboats.com/Portable-LED-Bow-Stern-Navigation-Light-Kit-Attwood/dm/cart_id.406299549--session_id.079767667--view_id.886423

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • obabob
    obabob Member Posts: 5
    I ordered a second Bimini top light which came with a swivel bracket. I mounted the bracket near the place where the wires connect to a receptacle behind the driver's seat. The light comes with a male connector and short lead. I ordered a female connector the same as is installed in the Bimini top. Made a short connector with this female fitting on one end and added a male plug on the other end to connect to the receptacle behind the driver's seat. Works great. I can post a picture in the Spring if you'd like. Email me at obabob@ comcast.net. Didn't require any internal wiring. Store the light and short connector during the day. Nautic should provide an alternate optional plug-in receptacle and bow light for those who leave the Bimini top off like us fishermen.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the members of the forum would appreciate seeing what you did, by all means, post some pics when you can!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

obabob,

The all around white light needs to be at least 39" above the red/green sidelights. The "man" might give you credit for having something but will probably make you get it corrected. From the specs on positioning of the lights required: "(d) The masthead light, or the all-round light described in Rule 23(d)(§83.23(d) of this chapter), of a power-driven vessel of less than 12 meters in length shall be carried at least one meter higher than the sidelights." Just sayin!

Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection