Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Boat covers - 2001 GS201

Options
airwee
airwee Member Posts: 4
As excited as I was when I purchased my 2001 Hurricane GS201 last weekend, I was not too happy about the original snap-on boat cover ripping in half on my drive home.  I've never had problems while travelling, but after about 10 years of sun in FL, I suppose it wasn't the smartest idea to drive it home with the (now paper thin) cover on it.  

I've been trying to find a replacement for the custom cover, but can't find one unfortunately.  I've done my normal diligence online, but can't seem to find any place that can offer a snap-on cover.  I called my local Hurricane dealer and they pretty much told me there's no hope on a custom snap-on.  It's a shame, it was a really nice fit/look!

Does anyone out there have any experience with covers out there that they can recommend to me for my GS201?  Seems that it might be a difficult fit for some of the semi-custom covers out there due to the beam width. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Chris

Comments

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @airwee ... iboats.com has a great cover selector with options for your boat. Since you're in FL, however, you can probably go to a local marine upholstery shop and have them make you a custom cover for about the same price. Good luck!

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I called my local Hurricane dealer and they pretty much told me there's no hope on a custom snap-on.  It's a shame, it was a really nice fit/look!"

I understand the dealer's comment if they were referring to getting a replacement cover from Hurricane, but I'm a bit surprised he didn't have a marine upholstery shop he could refer you as a Plan B.  If you want to reuse the same snap locations for the replacement cover (having new/additional ones installed wouldn't be something I would be interested in), you have no choice but to go to a good marine upholstery shop. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• pmracing
    pmracing Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Options
    I agree 100 % that is just crazy that you cant get the cover and just add the snaps on yourself!!!! I live in Thomaston Ga and there is no way I can find anyone who does that near here.  Come on Godfrey you can at least sell the general cover for the boat and we can add our own snaps where they need to go.  I've noticed you can buy the expensive nice boat but good luck getting any replacement parts for it.  I really love the boat but until they come up with a replacement parts website, I believe I would not purchase another Hurricane.  My friends have all types of boats Yamaha, Sea Doo, and the Bass Pro shops deck boats and all they seem to do is make a call and order a part.  I make a call and they are very nice and try to help but still no parts..  :(
  • airwee
    airwee Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks guys...I decided to get a Carver cover and we'll see how it works out. I was also surprised at the lack of parts support by Godfrey. Back to hunting for other things... :)
  • rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hurricane tells me that they only go back to 2007 currently on replacements of any kind, bimini tops, covers, etc.
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to www.greatlakesskipper.com to see where all the pre-Nautic Global Group Godfrey/Hurricane parts are.
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection