Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

trim tabs

henryrzpa
henryrzpa Member Posts: 2
I have a 2400 Sundeck and wnat to add some kinf of trim tabs. The dealer told me this model would not support tabs. I also called Hurricaine and they were no help. Does anyone have trim tabs for this model hurriciane?

Comments

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    A bunch of Hurricane owners including myself on this and other forums have had great success with Nauticus Smart Tabs on their Hurricane boats.  From the few photos that I can find of the 2400's transom, it definitely looks like they would work on that boat as well.  Its pretty rare that you wouldn't be able to install them, since Nauticus has work-arounds for almost any transom configuration. 

The only potential problem that I see with the 2400 is that because of the swim platform it would make it difficult to reach the tabs from inside the boat if you needed to flip them up and out of the way.  This would only be important if you trailer the boat or dry store it, because the trailer bunks or fork lift blades could damage the tabs if left in a down position.  Nauticus sells an optional attachment bracket they call the "Protoller" bracket, that allows the tabs to be flipped up and out of the way when you get ready to pull the boat out of the water, but it is a manual system, and you would have to be able to reach the bracket.  This would be impossible without getting in the water with the swim platform in place on the IO model.  It might be possible to do if you have an outboard.

Do a search on this forum on "Trim Tabs" or "Smart Tabs" and I think you will see many examples of what I mean.  You also have the option of going with an electric or hydraulic system that you can control from inside the boat.

IMO, trim tabs improve every aspect of handling of the boat are are well worth installing.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner