Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
1998 Fundeck 248, How is the fuel tank removed?
I just purchased this boat and wanted to inspect the tank and its lines. It seems to me the deck would need to be removed or the sole cut open. Also, would someone tell me the capacity of the tank? Thanks!
nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
I was unable to determine the actual tank size but found a few references that have the 2001 model with a 66Gal fuel tank but I cannot confirm.
The tank unfortunately would involve removing the rub rail and lifting the entire cap off the boat to be able to access/change the fuel tank.
Thank you! That was what I came up with, too. Given that the tank is of a poly material I will go with a thorough pump out through the sending unit hole. Thanks again.
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 334 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 616 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 694 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories