Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Where the heck is my battery!?!?

Options
I just purchased a used Fundeck 216 O/B. I live in Western NY, so its stored until Spring. Not only am I brand new to the Fundeck, I'm brand new to boating, 

Captain Steve send me a pdf file that's pretty generic for the Fundecks. I was hoping to be able to solve "the hidden battery caper" without posting this embarrassing  post to the forum!  

If I could find the battery, I'd disconnect it … probably even store it in a warmer area. My barn gets mighty cold out there without any heat in it. I'd guess it's about 10 degrees out there now!

Comments

• bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    First off I am not familiar with the 216, but since there have been no responses, I can give you a place to look.  On the two Hurricanes I have had, the battery access is located on the port side corner of the stern, underneath a removable storage container/insert.  Hope this helps.  At any rate it is another excuse to go look at the boat.

Edit:  I just looked at the video of the 216 on the Hurricane website and it looks like the compartment I mentioned is on the deck underneath the pop up changing station.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • mwjustinger
    mwjustinger Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Found it! Thanks bshippjr!