Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

new to me 2008 211 sundeck sport ob center console 200 Suzki df

Options

Looking at buying the boat thats in the title and looking for some feedback on ride and overall like and dislikes about this floor plan and ride.

It will be used for a family boat and some fishing

Thanks,

Sonnier

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sonnier, here is a thread on hull design. 

http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/1616/#Comment_1616

To me, I love everything about my SS 188 and I use it for family fun (cruising, watersports like wakeboarding and tubing, and as well have added a trolling motor and seats and use it frequently for fishing)

The only dislike, its unlike a deep V hull design, I find in choppy water it 'slaps' or hits the waves quite hard and the impact transfers to the passengers.  However, on inland lakes, rivers, etc its fantastic but wouldn't recommend for big water for this reason.

Floor plans are very roomy (I easily put 10 people in my boat).   And with the Suzuki 200HP, you can fill it up with people and drag a tube behind you with ease.

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • camphooters
    camphooters Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks, nquirk going look at it this Saturday!!
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One characteristic regarding the flatter hulls (12.5 degree deadrise) is that the ride improves as the length and weight increases .  I've have remarkable ride in choppy water in my 23 foot SD237.  I experienced white caps on Lake George in NY and my Coast Guard friend on board was also very impressed with the ride the boat achieved in that choppy water.  I'm sure a 19 foot model would have had a different experience.  I also agree with nquirk, the 12.5 degree deadrise hull should not be used in open/off shore ocean.  Only inland waters and protected/calmer bays.  I think based on the length and weight of the model you're looking at, it should ride very well in most water conditions.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• camphooters
    Options
    Well I bought it!! It's currently getting wet sanded to make the blue look brand new and take that ugly graphic design off and also a total detail if boat! Can't wait for it to warm up!
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Awesome boat!  I was just at a Sportsman Show in PA and saw one of these models closeup for the first time.  It's a very cool design for a center console.  It really makes the boat more flexible to do other things too.

Best of luck with it and let us know how it performs!

• camphooters
    Options
    Took the boat out for first time and was very surprised on the power and speed with it. I got it up to about 49 with 3 people and half of tank of fuel, also took the chop in the bay very nice.  Can't wait for it to warm up and some bikinis!! LOL

• cjjjdeck
    Options
    Great to hear camphooters!  I can't wait for the 2ft thick ice to finally melt in my neck-of-the-woods!

Best of luck with the boat!  Post some more pics on the "Love your Hurricane..... then show it off!" thread.