Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Air vent location

Options
myboat
myboat Member Posts: 2
Hello
     On the 2014 SD187 OB where is the gas vent located

Best Answer

Answers

• myboat
    myboat Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks mquirk but there is no opening in the fuel fill. I was told it should be on the side of the boat. I know it's not on the starboard side the only thing that is there is the fuel fill and the fresh water tank fill. There is something on the port side at the stern of the boat I don't know what it is it does not look like any vent that I ever had on any of my boats. I'll take a picture and post it. 
    Thanks again.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

myboat, again, Hurricane would have to verify, but many fuel filler hoses have the vent line attached (if you fill it quickly, you'll have it spit back at you because of this)  While its not an ideal design, it is done this way to minimize the moisture that can access your fuel tank and then end up in your fuel system.

Here is a generic look at one of the filler hoses would look like.  The fill hose and the vent line (smaller tube) would be on the same which is why you wouldn't see it directly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer