Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Where can I purchase round deck lids

fcraft1 Member Posts: 2
One of my access hatch lids flew off my new 188 deck boat. I think it is 5.25" where can I buy just the lid? I found a lot of full assemblies on amazon, just want the lid. Thanks


  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    You cannot buy just the lid, you must buy the matching ring with it.  You can get the exact one from a local Hurricane dealer, or if you purchase an aftermarket, change out the ring and the access port (lid) at the same time as I've not found any aftermarkets interchangeable with the rings on the 188s.
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you've got a 6" deck access plate.  Hurricane uses the "quick twist" design.  If you decide to replace the entire plate assembly as nquirk suggests, you may want to consider changing to the "screw out" design as that design would probably minimize the loss of covers. 

    Just a thought.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

  • Epavuk
    Epavuk Member Posts: 26
    I lost 3 plates the first month I had my 188.  The problem stopped once I replaced the matching rings.   
  • fcraft1
    fcraft1 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you. I will replace whole unit
  • aaa1950
    aaa1950 Member Posts: 19
    Can you purchase just the rubber o ring for the access plate?