Transducer Location on Hurricane 211
Have a 2003 Hurricane GS 211 with 225 Yamaha outboard. I primarily use the boat for fishing in water lakes and rivers. I just purchased a fancy Humminbird Side Scan fish finder for it this season. The side scan tranducer is larger than most tranducers and if mounted in the typical transom location (starbord side left of boarding ladder) the lower unit of the engine looks like it will be in the path of the side scan when trimmed in.
I would like to set this up in an optimum way and I am considering using one of Humminbird's fancy through hull transducers (yes drill a hole). I am considering mounting this through hull in the step area, center of the boat, directly in front of the lower engine unit, directly above the drain plug. This would make a nice clean install, be safely tucked up in the step. An alternate location might be towards the starboard, but still in the step.
My questions are, has any one done this? Are there any comments about this location? Although I would be off plane and slow cruising/trolling when using the fish finder, do you think this step would be completely out of the water on plane (i.e. I would lose my down depth readings on plane).
Any comments appreciated. Thanks
- 3.7K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 294 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 333 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 612 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 690 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 114 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories