Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

What model??

Options
MILLERTIME
MILLERTIME Member Posts: 5
Jus purchased a 2008 232 GS. On the side of the boat it say FUN DECK but on the Hurricane website the pictures and layout for the FUN DECK don"t match mine. The SUN DECK match what I have.  Mine is a side console with an outboard. Anyone have any ideas.

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If there is only a side console with a small Plexiglas windscreen, then the boat is styled like the Sundeck Sport models.  The Sundeck models have a full width glass walk-through windshield and it would also have an enclosed head.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• MILLERTIME
    Options

Yes only a side console with the small windscreen and an enclosed head. Just thought it was weird to say Fun Deck on the side and be a Sun Deck. Thanks.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agreed, since the current FunDecks look nothing like this.  Welcome to the often confused world of "marketing"!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The GS is a series between the FD and the SD.  The GS has the Cat 5 Hull of the SD (FD has "modified V Hull"), but without the full windshield and some of the bells & whistles.  I had a 1999 GS 248 with a 5.7 Merc.  Wife wanted windshield and I wanted OB so I moved to a SD 217.

You have a good looking boat by the way.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • BWH
    BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a Hurricane "Fun Deck"  "GS 194".  2006 model with OB.  Very similar to your boat in the picture.  I was told that the "GS" indicated glass side (fiberglass) and this is how it is distinguished from the Fun Deck in production today, which looks like a pontoon.   No doubt it causes some confusion as when I say Fun Deck, most folks think I am talking about a pontoon type boat.  Always a little nervous when trying to buy parts etc for this reason.  No doubt, the older Fun Decks are very similar to the Sun Decks in production today.  Good luck and enjoy the new boat!        
  • MILLERTIME
    Options

Thanks for the answers guys, at least it makes sense now!

• HotRodRacer
    HotRodRacer Member Posts: 4
    Options
    That is a fine looking boat, MillerTime.