Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

lost power

Options

I have an issue with my 2013 188 deck boat, hoping to get some help. Going out tonight i lost power. The motor and gauges worked fine but i lost power to the radio, swithes,gps and nav lights. After a minute or two it all came back on. It happened a few more time so i drove the boat back to my dock. It happened about 6 times, no real pattern. Once we ran for a while and it was fine, then they all went out sometime out for a second or two maybe 30 seconds. Does anyone have an idea on where i should start to look. thanks Tim

Answers

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @irish3, first thing I'd do since it's intermittent is look for a loose ground on the back of the switches.  All of these accessories share a common ground.  You can access them through the helm and its not uncommon for folks to bump or pull one of these loose getting objects in/out of the helm storage. 

You'll notice a black looping cable from across each switch to the next.  Make sure each is connected and secure and that none are damaged (look for broken cable shielding, scoring, and even possible melting)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer