Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Blue Ignition Wire - 1998 FunDeck

Options
BearFan30
BearFan30 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
Howdy,

I tore into our console to add a stereo.  I noticed a blue wire was torn and dangling near the ignition switch.  Does anyone know where this wire goes on the ignition switch and what it controls?  It is for a 200HP Yamaha Outboard

Thanks Much!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the wire conforms to the ABYC Marine Wire color code, depending whether it's light blue or dark blue, it maybe for the oil pressure gauge or the lighting switch.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you have picture you can share with the back of the ignition switch and the wire.

My guess is that it powers the instrumentation panel lighting but I'm not certain that its switched (on the ignition)

The boat most likely has a 3 position or SIB ignition switch.  S (to the Solenoid), I (Ignition Circuit) and B (Battery).  This way you have a OFF, ON, and Start position. I'm assuming all of these posts are currently connected?  If itt runs, I'll assume they are :) 

Here is some useful information on standard wire colors for your Yammie in case you decide to trace the wire all the way back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer