Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2002 Hurricane 201 boat cover

HookedUp1
HookedUp1 Member Posts: 5
Hi all - I am new to the site also a new owner of a 2002 Hurricane 201 deck boat. I am in need of a new deck cover for travel and or just sitting at the dock.
Does hurricane sell new covers or do I need to get one custom made?

Thanks HookedUp1

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, HookedUp1!

Hurricane has only ever offered mooring covers for their boats and they are not designed for trailer use. Custom covers can be made for the dual purpose (trailer/mooring) you describe by having tie-down loops sewn into the cover.  I had one made for my previous boat and it came out excellent.  I chose to use Sunbrella fabric which is a bit more money but I thought it was worth the upgrade due to the good reviews.

Post some pics of your boat in the "Love your Hurricane?  Then show it off" thread that nquirk started!   You'll find it in the Hurricane Photo Gallery category.

Enjoy your boat and this forum!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HookedUp1
    cjjdeck, thanks for the reply. Does Hurricane currently sell mooring covers. I don't seem to be able to find a parts list on their website. ---I might be looking in the wrong place --

HookedUp1
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Hurricane does make mooring covers for their boats, but not sure how far back they go on the models.  Hurricane relies on their dealer network to supply parts and service to owners, they are not set up to sell direct to the public nor list parts online.

If you don't have a Hurricane Dealer, just go to the Dealer Search field on the Home page, put in your zipcode and it will tell you who the closest dealer is to contact.  Please let me know how you make out. 

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HookedUp1
    I do have a Hurricane dealer in my area and I have contacted them.

Thanks for your quick responses.