Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Uneven Floating

Options
BearFan30
BearFan30 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
Last fall we bought a 1997 Hurricane Fun Deck 2450 with a 200 hp Yamaha. For some reason the left side of the boat (opposite of the driver) sits lower in the water. You can feel the difference when cruising and even in the boat slip. Have any of you ever heard of this? I doesn't look like there is water in the bilge. Is the gas, water, or holding tank on the left side? We've never used the water or holding tank. Thanks!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listing to one side usually is a weight distribution issue, especially if there's not water in the bilge (and that would be a good thing!).  Usually fuel tanks are centrally located.  The other main weight contributors are batteries, fresh water and holding tanks.  My freshwater tank is located opposite my batteries (I have three), so when the tank is full is helps balance out the battery weight.  I don't have a holding tank, just a Porta-Potty, but that would also contribute some weight as well.

Very often weight issues also come with the way you store things on your boat and the weight distribution of your passengers.  You may want to check out what your storing on the listing side of the boat.

If this fails, then installing trim tabs will probably be in order as they can level out the boat when underway.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer