Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

GPS Unit Momentarily Loses Power When Underway

1 year old Hurricane SD2400 OB. Lately when underway, a bump from water chop can sometimes cause the Combo-GPS to momentarily lose power for an instant causing immediate loss of track and navigation (which is a PITA at night or when navigating shallow waters where I have to depend on a track). Pressing the power button starts it up again and then I have to wait for it to find GPS signal. Usually the track being recorded is gone (or at least the recent points).

I opened dashboard and power switch panels - found no loose wires. I could not even recreate the problem by wiggling the wires while GPS power on. Battery connections also look good.

Any suggestions on how to fix this intermittent problem?

Comments

• rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

is the fuse holder in good condition? sometimes they aren't really very high quality.

Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

also, even though wires don't appear to be loose, there could be a faulty ground connection that would have the same effect.

Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection