Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Canvas Top

Options
kbkeuka
kbkeuka Member Posts: 3

I am a new Hurricane owner - Fundeck Sport 202 OB.  I am having a tough time positioning the canvas top in the different angled positions and am unsure if I am doing it correctly.  The Hurricane manual doesn't show any positioning photos.  Is there anything out there to help?  I know how to put it fully upright but want it fully down at times and it doesn't seem to be right?  A bit frustrated and worried.  Thanks!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I understand you correctly:

The bimini top should only have three positions:

1) Top position with bimini full extended for full shade

2) Top position with bimini collapsed in stowed position (usually you would also install the protective boot in this position)

3) Lower position with the collapsed top sitting on the top edge of the deck.  To do this, the shorter support rails in the rear are disconnected from their supports on the deck and transferred to the hardware clips that are located on one of the longer bimini rails.  This locates them parallel to the longer rail and allows the top to sit on top of the edge of the deck.  I attached a picture that might help.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• kbkeuka
    kbkeuka Member Posts: 3
    Options

thank you so much for helping!  Yes, you are correct.  I know how to position the top fully extended as well as up but in the boot.  If I lower the top by moving those smaller rails, then the longer rails scratch the side railings as it rests on the deck of the boat.  It just didn't seem right?

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looking at the picture, I can see how that can happen.  My model isn't designed the same way.

Most people (including me) put the bimini top in it's lowest location when docked or when in storage.  In those conditions, it wouldn't rub up against each other as much to scratch.  It you're using the top in it's lowest location while under way, you may want to wrap something around the top rail rails or the hand rail to protect them.  If you want to go full out, a custom upholstery shop could probably make you a couple of vinyl covers (and probably match the color) with a velcro strip to wrap them in for not too crazy money.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer