Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

In dash compass

Hello guys,

I have a 2008 SD220 and noticed on my in dash compass gauge that the compass has condensation behind it. I want to replace it but have no idea how to and do I have to go through a dealer to get this piece ?? Thanks in advance !!

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have one of these on my boat but would assume that most online boat supply stores could provide you a replacement that will work or you can order it direct from a Hurricane dealer.

As for the removal and installation, can you provide details on the make of the compass and/or better yet can you provide a picture of the gauge?  Makes it easier to determine how it is fastened and can be removed.

Some have a spin on washer type collar that holds it in the dash (like the blue one below), others have a clip fastened via bolt/nut combo that you remove the nuts and slide the retaining clip off the gauge.  (example in pic below)

Then its just a matter of disconnecting/reconnecting the wires (to the correct posts)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • nprcoolcop380
    nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭