Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Amp cooling on 187

skidtrash
skidtrash Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited July 2014 in General Discussions

Any ideas for mounting fans to help cool this amp? Keeps over heating due to no air under the helm. Was no real other option on a place to put it on the 187 except for under the helm by the radio. I was just going to move amp off the wall and install 2 of these computer fans on the deck pointing up. If anyones got any other ideas I would love to hear them.

Comments

• skidtrash
    edited July 2014

Sorry dont know why this page turned the image sideways....Please tilt your head to view correctly

• skibum
    skibum Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Do you have the proper size power and ground wire,ran,to the amp. It should not overheat under the helm. Too small of wire guage would cause overheating or gain set to high and overdriving amp. 

• skidtrash

I would hope its the proper wire... i spent a **** load in labor fees having the dealer put it in...this is what i ended up doing today..

• skibum
    skibum Member Posts: 56 ✭✭

Not ragging on you but I would be majorly pi#<$ed off if I paid money for an amp install that looked like that. Check your ground connections to make sure they are solid and no splices what so ever in the power and ground wires (it looks like both are spliced about 4 inches back from the amp terminals)There is no reason to have to use fans under the helm. Next time go to a car audio shop and save some money plus have it installed properly.

• skidtrash

it does get pretty dam hot in there.... i think i lost about 10lbs in sweat trying to install all of this lol