Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Adding a fuel water separator

Options
JaH
JaH Member Posts: 0

I have a 98 FD201 with a Yamaha 115 2-stroke and I want to add a fuel filter / water separator.  Where would be the best place to mount it.  Thanks

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If possible, install it in your bilge area.  You should find a solid wood structure that you can mount it to that you'll be able to access via the port opens to it.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options

I concur with nquirk. Mine was mounted in the motor well on the back of the cockpit coaming (for lack of a better term) due to previous owner being elderly. It is a Racor clear, removable settling bowl type. I know it was convenient for the PO but since I have cleaned up my fuel tank and use non-ethanol fuel exclusively, I haven't had to drain anything from the bowl all season and the filter unit and associated lines and primer bulb are constantly exposed to the damaging UV rays. I will probably move mine into the compartment located behind the pilot seat in the transom step-through. I've got allot of little holes to fill this off-season!!

Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection