Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Gas pump issues

Almeterk
Almeterk Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in General Discussions
Owner of a sun deck sport 201,  having issues pumping gas.  The vent seems to be blocked because couple seconds into filling it starts to over flow and geyser.  This forces me to pump at an incredibly slow rate talking forever to fill tank. Was also wondering there seems to be a screw off plug above  the battery compartment access. Was wondering if that is the vent or something else entirely seeing I follow the line and it goes to a cylinder that the gas line goes into. 

Comments

• tom8909
    tom8909 Member Posts: 11
    my ss201 does the same thing, takes abt 45mins to fill at the marina. Anyone have a fix?
  • tom8909
    tom8909 Member Posts: 11
    I'm still having this problem when filling! The other day when I open the fill cap it was under pressure, is that normal? I have to fill very slow even with a siphon hose.
    Any help would be great!

• OV59
    OV59 Member Posts: 14

You may have an obstructed vent, or vent hose.

That said, there's something about the combined fuel fill/vent device on my 2000 236 Fundeck that causes this to happen.  In my case one must pump the first few gallons excruciatingly slowly with a couple of blow-backs before the tank burps and normal fill can commence.

If and when I replace the fill and vent lines I will install separate fill and vent fixtures.  I know that works.