Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Port side rear seat locker drain

Options
jlwhwt82
jlwhwt82 Member Posts: 2

I have a 2013 ss188OB The port side rear seat locker drain has the hole but does not drain.  When I inspected it I have the drain but there does not appear to be any hole drilled below the bottom of the set locker to allow the water to drain out.  Is there any diagrams available that I can see if it is possible for me to drill the hole myself and drain to the bilge?  Or maybe it drains somewhere else, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Locker drains go direct into the bilge area.  They may or may not have a drainage tube connected underneath (mine doesn't on my model).  Are you saying that the drain hole fixture is there, but it doesn't drain water?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• skidtrash
    skidtrash Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Funny this popped up... I'm having the same problem with my 2014 187OB... dealer said to just drill the hole...I did either didnt go deep enough or somethings up because still doesnt drain

@cjjdeck   there was nothing that could be attached to the hole. Its like when the boat was made, the plastic insert for the locker had the hole but they never drilled the hole into the hull that would drop into the bilge. 
  • skidtrash
    Options
    @cjjjdeck‌

helps when I spell the name right
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Close enough skidtrash!

• skidtrash
    Options
    any thoughts? 
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Just got some factory input (I was waiting).  Looks like the factory is drilling out the locker tubs using a 1/2" drill bit before assembly (that doesn't mean they might not have missed one or two).  However, the drain hole is located very close to one of the boat stringers.  The drilled holes might be filling up with a Bondo-like material which is used on the stringers.  You should be OK drilling them out as long as you don't go too deep, like no more than 1/2" to 1" below the bottom of the tub.  Or, I'm sure your dealer would do the procedure and probably at no charge whether you are still in warranty or not.  It's something that they probably should have picked up during the prep of your boat when you bought it. 

• skidtrash
    edited September 2014
    Options
    they should have...but... thanks for the info..I definitely went deeper than an inch..i drilled the length of a normal drill bit into it... think i might just have the dealer look at it next time its in for service.

Thanks