Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Instructions for Winterizing

JBurke
JBurke Member Posts: 2
I am new boat owner with a 218 Fundeck RE with Yamaha 150 HP OB Motor located in NW Iowa.  I am in the process of finding a marina to winterize and store.  I need a list of things that I need to insure are done so that my boat and motor are properly serviced.
Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• JBurke
    JBurke Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick response to my request for a " to do lit."
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to add one more to that to do list being a Canuck north of the 49th.

As cjjjdeck mentioned in #3 but is often forgotten, if you have a livewell, make sure to drain both the supply and return lines.  Many of folks have put their boats back in the water come spring to find the pump housing for the livewell is busted and leaking water into their boats.  (I've personally help two dock neighbours for the same issue) 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Also it's a good idea to store the boat with the motor in the down position to ensure all the water is out of it and to prevent water from pooling in the lower unit by the prop shaft and then freezing.