Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Anchor light on top of and atatched to my bimini

Options
I need to replace my folding anchor light that is on top and attached to my bimini. Does anyone know the correct one to buy? Very confused. Thanks in advance !

Comments

• JohnEstrada
    JohnEstrada Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same problem.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you contacted a Hurricane Dealer?  These are pretty much the same light that has been used for at least the last 12 years so should be a common part.

There are a bunch of aftermarkets you can purchase if yours is much older such as this one.

http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Tower-Arch-Folding-All-Around-Light-Perko/dm/cart_id.628602422--session_id.730109696--view_id.167300

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    I bought that Perko light from a local dealer as my anchor light was missing. It works well so far and attached securely, but the bolt spacing was slightly different. Just enough not to fit, but not enough to notice the difference before opening the package. Rather than drilling another pair of holes, I "widened" the existing holes with a drill. I haven't seen the factory model up close. It probably matches the brightwork better and you wouldn't have to molest the Bimini frame.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The stern light that came with my boat is made by Attwood.  It has a 3900 Series lens (they describe it an the "old style").  The link below shows the base that mine has which in made of Zamak (not the best material),  If I had to replace this light I would use the stainless steel model.  So HydroCanis probably had an Attwood base on his boat as well.  The model used has a rail mount adapter option which is used for the bimini top mount installation.

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/5350

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    What was left of the base of my old one did indeed look like the Zamak base in cjjjdeck's link. It's obviously what failed, as well, as it is missing parts that cracked off. I never saw the old mast or light itself. So I'd recommend going with the stainless steel or nylon bases on whichever model you choose. I don't even like cast zinc alloys for carburettors, much less structural parts.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6