Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Hurricane build

Options
dog
dog Member Posts: 6
   Dose hurricand use wood in its foors , stringers and the transom . I have not been able to find any information
on how they are built.

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dog, Here as some interesting videos that you can see that there is marine grade plywood used in areas such as under seat storage, ski lockers (in some cases) and as well as the transom.

The new models (larger 2600 series) I believe use composite for their transom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • dog
    dog Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the links. I will watch them
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nquirk is correct, the newer SD2690 is Hurricane's first composite transom boat.  The SD2690 is also the first model that has fiberglass stringers.  All other boats have marine grade pressure treated stringers and marine grade plywood transoms encapsulated in fiberglass and coated with a special bilge paint.  Hurricane has had an excellent track record with this type of tried and true construction.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just found this interesting listing on hull construction that came from the 2006 product catalog that you might like reading.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• captainwinston
    captainwinston Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Great info.....Thanks