Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
endlessseas Member Posts: 20 ✭
Before I order a 2400 SD I am curious what others are using for power and their top speed please?
I have a Sun Deck 2200DC with a Yamaha 250XCA and it tops out at 50 mph with a 17 pitch 3 blade prop. I know you have a 2400 but I thought I would answer since you had not received any other answers.
Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭Here is a review from 2 years ago. They were getting around 52 mph with a Yamaha 300 OB: http://www.boatingmag.com/boats/hurricane-sundeck-2400-ob-0
Not sure what version you are getting (IO vesus OB), but I'd recommend staying near the top of the recommended HP range for engine choice. The 2400 is a big boat.2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
2400 SD with two people and half a tank of gas, 250 hp, 53 mph
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 334 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 616 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 694 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories