Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Engine warning buzzer location

Options
caseynettles
caseynettles Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
Hello, I just purchased a 2002 fundeck 217 with a 2002 Yamaha 150 2stroke fuel injected saltwater series II.  I noticed that I did not hear the engine buzzer when I first started the motor, is that normal?  I always thought you should here the buzz for a second or two.  I do get the "low oil" light on for about two seconds though.   If it should buzz, where is the buzzer located so I can check its function.  Thanks.

Comments

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know about the 2 stroke, but you don't hear the buzzer when starting on the Yamaha 150 4 stroke.  The warning indicator does light up for 3 seconds.  You can test the buzzer (at least on the 4 stroke), by pulling the lanyard then try starting the engine.....the buzzer sounds if the lanyard is not attached.  I believe that the buzzer is located inside the throttle control box on my boat.      
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • caseynettles
    caseynettles Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks!!! that worked!!!