Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Replacing our 2005 Lawerance x47 depth/fish finder?

Options
Warsar
Warsar Member Posts: 15
Greetings: Any suggestions?? Our x47 has a large black spot in the middle of the screen.I don't think thats fixable, so I would like to replace it with a comparable unit, preferably color...and using the same transducer hookup!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I noticed that the manual is available for download at Lowrance's website. it's listed under "Fishfinders", not "X Series".   Here's the link:

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Support/Documents/

I would recommend giving Lowrance a call and ask them what current models are using your transducer, if any.  Their Customer Service line is 800-628-4487.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Warsar
    Options
    Thanks for the response, cjjjdeck. I did call Lawerance support and there rep. was very helpful. He suggested the x-4 fishfinder...it has the same cable and footprint as the x-47. It too was discontinued last year. I found one on Amazon and ordered it!!
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Excellent!  I've had good luck with their products and have been using them for over 15 years.  Anytime I've called in to their customer support they have always been very helpful.  Glad that worked out for you! 

• Warsar
    Options
    Thanks, it should be a 'quick' and 'easy' upgrade....those terms don't usually come up involving boats, hugh??!
  • Warsar
    Options
    Hi...put the x4 pro on...a perfect match...turns on but have not tried it as yet.
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Sweet!  You dodged a bullet on that one!  The call was obviously worth it.

• Warsar
    Options
    Yes!! Had the boat out, x-4 works fine...now if I could just keep the motor working!!?