Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Lack of STEERAGE CONTROL, 2014 236 Fun-Deck

captbobg
captbobg Member Posts: 5

After numerous talks with Ms. Terri Gipson regarding the lack of Steering Control on my newly purchased 236 Fun-Deck, I finally met another Fun-Deck owner ( Capt. Glenn ). His boat is a 2012 212 fun-deck.

I introduced my-self, and immediately asked him what he thought of the "Control Capability" of the boat. His immediate response was " You mean LACK of CONTROL don't you". Unfortunately, we both had a good laugh over this. The next several minutes were spent discussing how many times our boats has been directed into Sea-Walls, Pilings, floating Docks, and all of the various places that we intended to "Dock" our boats.

We both possess high tonnage USCG master licenses, and are arguably well qualified to handle these Fun-deck boats.

I have been silent with my problem for well over a year, and have not reached out to Hurricane since.

Let me tell you that now that another owner and I have found mutual ground, the word of these un-sea worthy vessels will be spread.

Both Capt. Glenn and I  welcome any comment from the engineers, or corporate officers who may have any answer for us.

Your reputation is on the line now that we have met each other, and we WILL talk very LOUDLY about the problem at hand.

Capt. Robert J. Gilligan

b4194@embarqmail.com

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    As owners of Hurricane boats that are genuinely very happy with their boats (I included), it's very unfortunate to hear of owners experiencing issues with their boats that make the ownership experience less than expected.  We also appreciate you sharing your experience with the forum members.

It is my understanding that Terri Gipson has referred your concern to the engineering department.  Status update requests should be communicated directly to her.  Warranty and performance related issues under warranty are not responded to through the forum as Hurricane and/or your Dealer will be working with you direct to handle the situation.  However, I'm sure the members would like to hear updates on what was done to address your issue/concern.

We are all hoping for the best possible outcome for you and others that are having similar experiences.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer