Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
Fishing and Ocean
jjsexyfun Member Posts: 7 ✭
I am planning on buying a Hurricane 188 SS I live in Jupiter, FL and I was wondering if anyone has taken their hurricane boats to the open ocean waters and do some fishing and also how did it handle in 1 to 2 feet waves? I will mosly use the boat for intercostal crusing but sometimes I would like to go out and check out the ocean
There's a pretty good thread in this forum on this ocean worthiness of the exact model you are interested in. The SS188 has a 13 degree deadrise hull configuration which would be considered a fairly "flat" hull.
Here's the link:
Hope this helps in answering your question.2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 32012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer
Yea, been skeptical of taking mine out into the ocean even though I want too so bad and I have the 06 GS 202
Took my 217 offshore 10 miles yesterday, nice offshore wind knocked the chop down and seas were about 2', it actually shocked me well it did. I will do more now that I know how it handles but the weather will have to be right for sure.
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 333 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 616 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 694 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories