Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.
What is this? 2000 217 Fundeck
The brownish yellow hose connects to the steering and the back of the knob. 2000 217 Fundeck.
Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭That is the vent plug/fill port for the hydraulic steering fluid. Since the fill port on the cylinder is behind the console, they run this hose up to the console to give you easy access to add hydraulic fluid or purge the system if needed.Post edited by Ernest_T on2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to check the fluid level? Should I see fluid in the tube?
All you can do to check it is remove the cap and look in, oil should be right up, as long as you don't have any noticeable leaks on the cylinder it should be fine anyway, I've had seals go on my old boat and it didn't take much to notice it in the steering, when I noticed it steering funny it was maybe only a ounce or two down, don't over tighten cap, finger tight only or you will damage the o-ring and it will leak at the cap.
- 3.8K All Categories
- 37 Hurricane Photo Gallery
- 1.5K General Discussions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 302 General Questions on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 333 Hurricane Deck Boat Engine Discussions
- 615 Electrical System Discussions for Hurricane Deck Boats
- 15 Latest News on Hurricane Deck Boats
- 693 Hurricane Deck Boat Support
- 117 Buy & Sell Used Hurricane Deck Boats, Parts & Accessories