Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Trolling Motor on a FunDeck

Options
DuckCamo
DuckCamo Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
Anyone have a photo and/or opinion on a trolling motor for a FD236 F ? Would like to see how anyone has it mounted. 

Comments

• DuckCamo
      Options
      Also wondering where to install the batteries if I go with a 24v motor.
    • nquirk
      nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
      Options
      The Hurricane models have many common factors.  Check out this thread as a starting point.  Lots of information and pictures.  Once you've reviewed them, if you have further questions, post them and we'll try to help as best we can

http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1184/placement-of-trolling-motor-and-fishing-seat#latest
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
      2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
      2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
    • DuckCamo
      Options
      Thanks so much for the photos those really helped. I think the removable mount is a great idea. That gets the trolling motor out of the way if you know you really wont be needing it.
    • nquirk
      nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
      Options
      Exactly.  I have one on the front of mine that I like so that when we're lounging/swimming and not fishing, you can remove it and store it elsewhere.  (Not sure but I think the locker on your FunDeck is large enough to actually store it when not in use.  Measure to be sure but that's always a plus)
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
      2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
      2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
    • cjjjdeck
      cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
      Options
      I found one picture of a trolling motor mounted on a FunDeck on the forum that might help as well.

http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/3128#Comment_3128

I am able to store my motor in my ski locker.  The MInn Kota Terrova's composite shaft has just enough flex to allow me to get it through the hatch.  I chose a larger footprint mount because I knew it was going to overhang the bow a bit in order to clear the anchor locker function.  It's still rock solid with 5 of the 6 mounting holes being used.

Having an I/O setup, I was lucky enough to have room for 3 batteries.  My fresh water tank is opposite the batteries so that seems to help in keeping the boat level (I usually try to keep it fairly full).  Not sure what kind of room there is on your model.
      2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
      2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer