Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fundeck GS 231

Just a question that can be applied across all the models. How is the bow spray on the hurricane boats. I have had a few boats (not naming any) that were a wet ride, but from what I can tell the hurricanes seem pretty dry? Anyone have other experiences getting wet other than the occasional spray from a quartered wind.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I boat in the Northeast and often on some good size lakes.  Even in chop, my boat mostly rides dry.  If some spray does come over, it's usually due more to my (sometime childish) efforts, not the boat's.  Since your length and deadrise angle (12.5 degrees) is the same as mine (we might even share the same hull), I would imagine you would experience the same thing.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• captainrandy
    captainrandy Member Posts: 7
    Thank you
    cjjjdeck
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    My experience is the same as cjjjdeck.  I have a 217 SD OB, and it has basically the same hull with 12 degrees of deadrise.  In rough conditions the boat gets bouncy, but still stays pretty dry.  When you are heading into the wind with heavy chop you do get some spray back, but I've never had water actually come across the bow.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner